Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Return post

Upon completion of my degree, I penned a note of thanks to all of my UW professors in appreciation for all that they had done for me.  My own education went far beyond mere subject matter; I learned many lessons in the art of teaching.  Here is one reply:

Many thanks for the good news and congratulations. Your message brought back many good memories of your time here in Madison and all the ways you made this a better place. It gratifies me to no end to know that the granting of the degree is now official.
I was also pleased to get the link to your website, which really looks terrific. Several sentences, of course, are suddenly in need of revision now that the degree is completed. A pleasant task, I should think.

Doesn't get a lot better than that....one for the "good" file.

No comments:

Post a Comment