Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The NEW Score and Podium

I have decided to establish a new blog separate from my own personal musings.  It only seemed appropriate that I set up a site for all things musical as there will be an audience that cares less for the material contained in each.  I'll continue to comment on the news of the day--either in my little cultural backwater or in the greater world around us--as I strongly feel that the arts--and music in particular--are vital to our continuation as a species.  Sometimes these ramblings may focus on my own (current) work as a freelance conductor and author, the general plight of the cultural world, composers and their compositions, or any other zany artistic thought that may come to mind.

That is the good thing about being a creative spirit.  We are naturally expected to live outside some of the expected "norms" of society.  I suppose that I need to not get so upset with myself when an audience doesn't understand the gist of my humor:  they're either unread, otherwise out of the loop, or else apathetic (we find much of the latter these days).

It is often difficult to maintain one's motivation in these difficult times of ours.  I am a freelancer not by choice but by circumstance.  Still, I have to remind myself that I may still be considered one of the lucky ones:  I still have the opportunity to make music with people who (sometimes) share my passion for it.

Thus, for the next few days or so, I'll be moving specific items from "Rantings" over here to "Score and Podium" and then making the former available only to a select few.  There are items posted there that the entire world probably really doesn't need to be concerned with, and items that will appear here that I wish the world would take much more to heed.

No comments:

Post a Comment